Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Baseball Games and White Russians and Information Technology, Oh My

So, inspired by the more verbose and thorough efforts of my classmates, I will endeavor to introduce the point of this Blog, and then introduce what I believe to be an interesting piece of information technology.

This blog is an attempt to navigate and master the information technology know colloquially as "Blogging" within the context of FIS1311, Information Technology Applications at the Faculty of Information Studies. This class will (hopefully) result in my becoming less ignorant of the ways of the IT crowd. Reading this blog will hopefully help *you* become less ignorant of the ways of the IT crowd, as least as far as my understanding of them filtered through their web presences goes.

With this in mind, I introduce Library Thing.. Perhaps one of the coolest/most nerdy websites I have seen in a while. You can catalog your own books (woo!) and show your friends what you have, and find similarly literate people. A literati take on e-community building.

1 comment:

peteybrigade said...

I will be reading this religiously. And by that I mean, I will be using your blog as my new holy book.